What killed my Naso?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I woke up this morning to a dead Naso :( I tested my water and here are my params

AMO 0
ITES 0
ATES 15
PH 8.2
TEMP 80
Ca 400 (just added more in will test later)
KH 8 (143.2)
phos 0
cop 0

Everything seems to check out fine. I fed him formula 1,seeweed, algae sheets, peas, romainne letucce, brine, mysis. Had peacefull tankmates, Plenty of caves and places to hide, ample swimming space I did everything right but yet he still died.....I was really wanting to see him get to adult I still have my other two....although the regal still gets ich. Really depressing when you do everything right and it still ends up taking the life of your fish.

Tikidude

AC Members
Jun 12, 2007
SC, USA
I'm so sorry about the loss of your fish. That is what I'm least looking forward to. Funny how attached you can become to something that you can't hold isn't it?

missc4

Fishy love
Mar 14, 2007
VA
I am very sorry for your loss..If is hard to lose something you love but it is worse when you can't figure out why.When I lost a few fish when I first started my tank,I couldn't figure out why and I knew if I could figure out why I would feel better.But sometimes there is no reason to figure out,things just die even though everything in your tank is perfect.
I bought a clown when i first started saltwater and it died over night and I could not figure out why,when i called the LFS they had gotten that fish the same day I bought him so he was stressed.Had I know that I wouldn't have bought him.Poor thing just suffered.
You may never know why it died,just don't get to disappointed..

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
SHK_ATK sorry for your loss..

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
I feel your pain. My yellow tang passed randomly as well, with no signs of any illness or problems, so I am in the same boat. Only thing that could explain it is cyanide.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
thanks for the comments every one, no visible sings niko, My g/f said he wasnt acting himself 2 days prior. I went to the fish store where I bought him and they told me it might of been an internal parasite, idk. tikidude is right we do get attached.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store