conversion for nemo?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emonemo420

Word
Jun 30, 2007
dover afb
www.myspace.com
hello again im sure u were all anticipating my next ? and this one has nothing to do with my tank so i guess thats good....or bad since it comes with a whole series of new questions...ok so some of u have seen my sig. about the ten gallon FW.....how hard would it be to convert it to SW with just a nemo and a few cleanup guys...my gf is crazy about nemo...and possibly even the cleaner shrimp...(not sure what hes called but the one from the movie..skunk cleaner maybe) i already got the sand...i could get a whole ten pounds of LR that would b easy but what about filtration and everything...would it be hard

rsw686

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
Virginia
Your still going to have to cycle the 10gal tank. Why not just get "nemo" for her in your 55gal once its done cycling?

If you do want to setup the 10gal, all you need is a powerhead for the flow. The liverock will provide all the necessary filtration. If the rock you buy is cured, and you keep it wet for the transportation, it might not cycle or will have a quick cycle.

emonemo420

Word
Jun 30, 2007
dover afb
www.myspace.com
i am getting nemo but i dont live with her...we actually live in different states ...since im military i travel home to see her on the weekends ...its only a 3 hour drive and its nice since that fish place is on the way so its an added bonus

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The 10 gallon is actually going to be harder to maintain than your 55. The smaller the volume of the water the harder it is to stablize the water. If you're really wanting to go ahead though the type of tank you're talking about is called a nano tank. There are some nano tank keepers here, try the reef forum as well because I tend to see them over there more than here in the newbie one.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
its not THAT hard to keep a nano I have a 10G with a goby/shrimp combo I also threw in my annoying sea urchin in there (TAKE THAT FOR KNOCKING DOWN MY CORALS!!!) I have a AC70 filter that I made a refuge and my water params are in check I think that as long as you wait for the tank to cycle dont overfeed and dont overload the tank *clown and shrimp should be ALL that goes in there, plus the clean up crew* you should be fine.

Longinus

American Eel
Mar 18, 2007
midwest
I would say small is still pretty easy. I run a 15 with a 10 sump/fuge and everything is doing pretty good. If its going to be running at her place though I would get her an auto top off so she dosnt need to top off the tank. Aside from that, waterchange on the weekends and your good.

Just my .02$ though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store