Ich meds and pleco...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
I went to Petco and bought some Ich medication as I was starting to suspect signs of an impending outbreak.

Here are the specifics:

Wardley Wellness Ick Out Sensitive

• Formalin product for the effective treatment of external parasites and fungus in aquariums
  • Specifically designed for use with sensitive fish that may react negatively to Malachite Green such as loaches, electric eels, knife fishes, tetras, and catfishes
Active Ingredient:
Formaldehyde 5.55%, Inert Ingredients: 94.5%.

Here's a pic:

I have a common pleco in the aquarium but don't know if I can trust the dosage label.

It says to dose 5 ml (1 teaspoon) per 10 gallons of aquarium. And to change the water by 50% 24 hours after each treatment and to do 3 treatments every three days.

Any experience with this?

Thanks

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Wow thanks, that very detailed.

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Now I dread taking my catfish out. I hate the feel of its skin. *shudder*

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Don't fret it, use a container bigger than the fish, and just chase him into it. Then gently lift out the container and cover it. No need to handle the pleco.

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Yeah, that method crossed my mind. Thanks.

juliemcgrew83

AC Members
Aug 27, 2007
If that ich treatment doesn't work well enough try using the regular Quick Cure and ALWAYS half dose(use half of what the directions say) when you have any scaleless fish in the tank. Sometimes the ich meds for sensitive or scaleless fish don't work well enough on the rest of the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store