Clutzy Albino Bristlenose Pleco?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

faldgan

AC Members
Jan 27, 2007
So I get home from work today and go check on my tank. Everything seems fine, until I go to find all the fish.
One of the places the plecos like to stay is upside-down on the bottom of my driftwood, so I look there, and instead of being stuck to the wood, one of my plecos is laying on his/her back on the gravel about 1/2" below it. I think to myself "Oh, no!" and I tap on the side of the tank with my hand, when I do that the fish jerks, and after the second time it swims back up and re-attaches to the underside of the driftwood. Is this even semi-normal?
My water params are:
PH 6.6
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
I've got a 165G tank, containing:
Several live plants
15 neon tetras
1 dwarf puffer
3 bristlenoses.

Is my fish just clutzy and it "fell out of bed", or do you think I've got a bigger problem here? All the other fish are behaving normally.

Thanks!

kr0nic

AC Members
Jul 2, 2007
Newcastle, Australia, NSW
Just hangin out upside down. You give it a try and see if you fall off once in a while :p

faldgan

AC Members
Jan 27, 2007
Thanks for the answers. I was kinda worried, but if they just do that... Well, silly fish are silly. :)
I'm going to call that one "Clutzy" It was the same one doing it this morning.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store