MAFIA #5 The Play.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Social Rules

1) Game members only please in this thread. Watching is encouraged, but please do not post ideas, theories or anything else. You could have signed up, but nooooo.

2) This is a game. What is said in the game stays in the game. There will be accusations, incriminations, etc. But it's a game. If anybody gets too rowdy, I'll ask the mods to shut it down.

Never take things to a personal level.

This is a game, for entertainment only, play with enthusiasm, not hate.

3) When I declare it to be night, please don't post until 'morning'. You're 'asleep'.

Game Mechanics

1) Each 'day' everyone in the town (including mafia) can vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to lynch so and so.

If you decide to switch your vote, state in bold you are doing so and the new vote.

Do not put your vote in your signature.

2) Whoever has the most votes gets lynched. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched.

a. The priority of lynchings is Townies, Vigilante, Mafia, and then Untimely Deaths.

b. The Doctor’s protection overrides any of the lynchings.

2a) If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will randomly decide which of those gets lynched.

3) You may vote to lynch no-one.

4) If you aren't active for two day/night cycles, with at least posting once, then you will pass away from some strange (probably embarrassing) illness that I will give you.

5) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so.

a.I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ.

6) You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you.

Anyone can declare themselves the detective; indeed, I've seen mafia do so quite effectively for a short time.

The mafia wins when there is the same number of mafia as innocents. They can control the lynching then.

The innocents win if they lynch all the mafia.

If you have any questions, PM me. If it's important to all, I'll post it.

1) No one... except the mafia... is to discuss the game outside of the thread. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room.

2) DO NOT USE MY PM'S TO PROVE YOUR INNOCENCE.

3) THIS GAME IS NOT TO BE DISCUSSED ON OTHER SITES, THREADS OR CHAT, UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER.

The players are the townsfolk in the great city of ACville.

Some are Innocents; the remaining are Mafia; the Mafia know who each other are, and can communicate with one another.

The Mayor...works to find the Detective as they can rid the town of Mafia and to find other special role players. The Mayor can PM me once each game night with their suspicions and I will confirm the role the person is playing. Once the Mayor learns who the Detective is, the Mayor can PM the Detective. As a team, they can lynch a Mafia person twice. Their efforts should be to get the townspeople to lynch the Mafia. Both the Mayor and the Detective should PM me to confirm the lynch.

The Detective...investigates the townspeople to confirm Mafia identities, find other special role players, and find the Mayor. The Detective can do one investigation each game night by PM to me and I will confirm the identity.

The Doctor...has the ability to protect one person each game night. They do this by sending me a PM at game nightfall on who is to be protected that night. Be sure to protect the right person, Doctor! The Doctor can protect them self only on nights when the doctor has no votes to be lynched by the townsfolk’s.

The Vigilante...a total wild card...he can kill once per game by sending me a PM at the start of the game night. The Vigilante can be an Innocent or a Mafia, and strike against either.

The Don...has total control of the Mafia. He will PM me at the beginning of the night with the Mafia's choice of who gets lynched, EVEN IF IT IS ONE OF HIS OWN! He can do three investigations to me by PM, one a game night, in his efforts to find the Mayor, Doctor, Detective, or Vigilante. Should the Don be lynched, each of the remaining Mafia will have to PM me, and I will break any ties.

The Unexpected Post…some may or may not get a PM from me to put something in their next post. It may be true or a lie, but you will have to live with it.

The Secret Identity…one or more townies who befall a lynch/hit will not have their special role revealed until the night after their death. Limit of two times that this will be done.

The “Dead Men Tell Tales” vote. Sometime after 5 deaths have occurred, one of the “dead” will get to vote in the townies lynch vote. This will be decided by a random number generator, and only happen twice.

The “Botched Murder”. On the first game night, I will flip a coin. Either the Townies lynch or the Mafia hit will fail. Nothing will be revealed about this person’s special roles, if any.

DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS!

If you need to clarify things or correct them, make a new post.

Upon your death, you can make a simple “ghostly” statement that you are moving on, but no discussion of the thread or theories.

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread.

I really hope to get a minimum of 24-28 folks for this game! You will need to take notes.

Botched Murder is a 50/50 thing, night one only. If the failed lynch/hit victim is on anyone's investigation for that night, the investigation will result only in "Not Enough Conclusive Evidence".

Secret Identity holds the revealing of their role until the next game night. If a member is lynched/hit that is on my Secret Identity List, and they are selected for investigation before I reveal their identity, the investigation will result in "Not Enough Conclusive Evidence". Since the Don is limited to 3 Investigations, the "Not Enough Conclusive Evidence" that he could get will not count against his 3 allowed.

"In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. IN THE GAME. Do not take anything personally or make ANY personal attacks."

The players....

Malbri
mee-mee
IceH2O
Hooked Newbie
Coler
sploke
judgemax
Cory Lover
johnlarson66
KingOfTheDeep
joander123
clown-lover
Dangerdoll
jpappy789
ZSandmann
OgreMkV
Jensons
bkw1982

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A New Day In ACvillee...

As the dawn arises, the recent happenings are all but forgotten. The Townies are reveling in their victory over the Mafia.

But as in real life, things seldom stay stable. No matter how well you maintain the status quo, simple genetics can always rear it's ugly head, or equipment failures can toss things to the wind.

And the wind is blowing softly this morning, but with purpose and in new directions. It is as if four seperate currents flow at the same time, meandering thru seperate streets, pausing at four households as unseen whirlpools, dissolving into stagnant low flow areas of the town.

18 Townies, and it appears, four MAFIA.

Down in the town square, on the statue of the bala shark, someone(s) has painted the infamous Mafia symbol on it, the Pacu with those vibrant red eyes!

Can the new Mayor and Detective rid the town of the new infestation?

Will the Doctor come to the aid of the right people? Will the Vigilante provide aid to the town or side with the Mafia?

Or will random circumstance shift the climate into nothing more than Old Tank Syndrome?

Game ON....

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
I need a life... or at least a baby that sleeps through the night.

OK, guys... remember post, post, post. However, let's keep it on topic and civil... please. Accuse, but not insult.

New guys, don't be afraid to accuse.. as long as you have some decent reasoning for it. We have to keep everyone informed of what we're thinking and why.

We won the last one, let's do it again!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I'm an innocent.

If you lynch me, you will find that I'm an innocent.

If the mafia murders me it is because I am an innocent.

If the vigilante murders me it is because they are mafia or wrong, because I am an innocent.

There...now go vote for someone else.

If I don't post 20 times a day, its because I have nothing to say or because I am working...I am still an innocent.

Glad to have this cleared up at the start of the game :)

I'm considering sticking in a vote for someone picked at complete random...because on day one it is very random, and you can learn a lot from the reactions...one thing causes people to come out of the woodwork and that's votes.

As I typed that I think it seems unfair to pick out anyone else...so I vote to lynch coler :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
game off....

:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

game on....

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Sweeeeeeet I can actually post this time around, instead of just watching them. Hey, there's only 4 of them now, this should only take what, 2 nights? And for what its worth (probably not too much at this point) I am also an innocent.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Current Top 3- Ogre, Coler, Sploke. They've posted. :lipssealedsmilie:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store