nano-cube help/ clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Here is a basic compatibility chart: http://www.bestfish.com/tips/032698.html

However, there is no guarantee that an aneniome will host a clownfish or that the clownfish will even recognize what it is. Many aquarists will try LPS and SPS instead of an anenome with some success. Reasons for trying it include a desire not to keep an anenome in a new tank, not having enough light for a nem, and wanting other sessile inverts.

emonemo420

Word
Jun 30, 2007
dover afb
www.myspace.com
im not to sure what u mean by plants?....most SW tanks dont have plants especially real ones...thats mainly for FW....um as far as things like plants people get coral.....im not a reefer so i couldnt tell u nething about corals...but the only plants that marine fish sea is algea and seaweed....but if u do it right it might look cool for plastic plants...but the problem with fake stuff(from what ive been told) is that all fake stuff attracts and contains algea giving u more problems then the "look" is worth...just my 2cents from what i know....more experience will help im sure

shadow1345

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Saint Charles, MO
kool thanks, and this is my biggest question, i have an unused 20 or 30 gallon tank...can i use it for saltwater? is it just cheaper to get another nano cube? if i can use my extra tank what do i need for it?(website/ experiance / or if you have one and does it work fine with warranty and an actually a self-cleaning tank)

emonemo420

Word
Jun 30, 2007
dover afb
www.myspace.com
um that depends on how much u spent on the nano...if the nano came with everything.....etc....also the smaller the tank the harder it is to take care of ...but yes u could make it sw ...u could make a 1 gallon tank saltwater if u wanted to but what u need for it is pretty much the same thing u need for ur nano.....subtrate....filtration....salt....test kits....LR(not needed but highly highly recommended)...protein skimmer(especially for reef), lighting(again especially for reef ...metal halides are suggested with reef)....heater too cant forget that....um powerheads for water movement...and um i think that might be it....but again someone else can pop in with some help/ suggestions

shadow1345

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Saint Charles, MO
so u mean that the nano is much easier to take care of than the regular tank...if i was to make my 50 gall a sw is it then easier and worth the price or do u need to upgrade the equipments? as i surf throught the marine threads i see that the people's posted picture of sw tank are really clean and clear is that easy to maintain?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
There are some great sticky posts up at the top of the forum here. You might want to give those a read over.

You can use the empty tank, but I'd personally want to know if copper had ever been in it.

Emo did mean that the larger tanks are typically easier to take care of. There are a few reasons why but if you're wanting to go the nano route there are some good people here in the reef forum that have nanos and can give far better advice than I can on them. As far as price though, expect to spend about the same amount of money on equipment for the nano as you will a 55g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store