RBP Breeding Pair, 55g tank, 3 smaller tanks Buffalo, NY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

primetime3wise

AC Members
Aug 23, 2005
pa
I decided to give this pair up, as I am already going crazy w/ water changes for my four tanks, so i'm looking to downgrade to 3 tanks. I'm realizing i'd prolly go nuts if they did, indeed breed for me, taking care of the fry. it seemed like a good idea at the momenet, but I'm realizing it would be much more time consuming than I'm willing to dedicate to the hobby, and/or business. It would be great, though, for anyone wanting to attempt breeding for its own sake, or as a business, where a good amount of cash$$$ could be made selling fry. To give you an idea, RBP typically spawn 750-1,500 fry at a time, which then usually sell for $5 +/- each to stores or distributors, depending at what size you sell them at, and it's not uncommon to have them spawn twice a month. If you are new @ breeding them, I have heard though it's not uncommon to lose some.

I like for the person purchasing to know the pros and cons of breeding rbp...what they can expect. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, it would be hard work, but if you have the necessary patience and discipline, it would be worth it to you as a business $$$, or as just someone who wants to do it as a hobby.

These two guys were purchased only a month and a half ago, over memorial day weekend.

I cannot promise that they will breed for the buyer. They did breed for the person I purchased them at through another site dedicated to piranhas. I would assume the buyer has a very good chance of breeding them, with the proper amount of work and patience...i think what would take the longest would be to acclimate the pair to their new surroundings, like most red natts, they are still somewhat skittish, even @ 9" or so.

I also have the tank they are presently in, for sale. It's basically the entire tank you see in the pic, for sale, but w/ the black wooden stand in the picture below, included w/ it, instead of the dual iron stand it is on now. The tank is complete w/ wooden stand, lids, 4' light, Aqua clear 70 filter, heater, and even an air pump. you can also take some of the gravel.

I'm looking to get $200 for the breeding pair, $175 for the 55g tank, or $350 for everything.

This would be pickup in Buffalo, NY (Western/Upstate NYS). I'm willing to drive a moderate distance for gas $$$

Canadians welcome as well, i'm only 1/2 hour from niagara falls, ny

the back of the 55g tank is painted on. The buyer could easily remove it w/ paint thinner, or whatever, if he doesn't like it.

I also have FS 3 smaller tanks that could be used on their own, or as fry tanks, as I was gonna use them as:

Dual Iron stand: holds 30g long, complete (filter, heater, lid, light) and 40g (w lid only) $150
30g breeder tank, tank only, nothing else, no lid, unless you want some free gravel: $30

$175/all

If YOU WANT EVERYTHING LISTED HERE: $500/all

again, my location is Buffalo, NY, will drive a moderate distance for gas $$$. Again canadians welcome, S. Ontario, if they want to meet @ Nfalls, NY, USA.

red breeders2.jpg DCP_2442.JPG wooden stand.jpg 2tanks1ironstand.jpg 30g breeder w heater.jpg

primetime3wise

AC Members
Aug 23, 2005
pa
someone on another board brought an issue about my lack of posts on certain boards. the only board i have been a regular poster on, for 4 years or so, is "Piranha Fury"...www.piranha-fury.com, same username, "primetime3wise". So, I hope it helps to establish my online reputation/trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store