anemone foot

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Magnettae

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
So I just bought an anemone, and I am a little worried about the condition of it's foot. The bottom looks like it has little tears, but the rest of the anemone looks perfectly healthy and full of color and the bulbs are competely full. It was able to stick to the glass at the store, so it doesnt seem bothered by it. Am I just over reacting, or could this be a problem..... Im going to be keeping a close eye on it as I situate him into my tank. Anyone have some advice?

trippkid

AC Members
Jun 27, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
we need some more info here about your tank: lights, filtration,parameters,how old the tank is. Is this the 3rd one in 2 months?
Sometimes the foot on my 2 BTA looked a little striated, but not actually tears.

Magnettae

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
ok they are actually tears and some stuff is coming out but my water is fine the only thing out of the ordinary is nitrates, its about 4.0 ppms. i have 4.5 watts of lighting so that should be ok. but i bought him like that. I am very good friends with the person i bought him from and we went to school together so i trust him. he said that they have had it for weeks and he said that he was also shipped like that. the anemone its self looks great. just the foot looks not too good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store