Koi food for goldfish??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
I'm sure goldfish eat anything but, does it matter if they are fed koi food? I am going to be buying more food for my goldfish and was looking into getting bigger pellets/stick food for my goldfish. I like to give my goldfish a variety of foods.

So I was wondering if it really matters if goldfish are fed koi food? Does anyone do this? What are your thoughts on this?

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i think the koi food would be fine as long as the goldfish won't have any physical trouble eating it. as far as feeding a variety of food, look into fresh foods like spinach, romaine lettuce, diced zucchini, peas, and orange sections, not just other pellet foods.

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
Yeah i've tried the vegetables and that with my goldfish already, just wondering about koi foods.

Cause I mean in ponds there is often a combination of Koi and goldfish, so i was wondering if it really mattered.

captainpiratebo

AC Members
Apr 22, 2007
UK
yeah it should be fine, so long as you use small pellets for smaller goldfish and bigger pellets for bigger goldfish (obviously). i feed my bigger goldfish pond pellets, and they love 'em!

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
Thanks for all the replies. I also enjoyed the article. That did make a lot of sense and was interesting to read! That was just what I was looking for. I had tried doing my own searches but never came up with anything that really answered the question!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store