What's a Good Food...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

val

Oct 18, 2002
Eastern Shore, Maryland
I have a new tank with 4 keyhole cichlids and they're not eating... I went back to my LFS to see what they fed them and they had fed TertraFin (the standard Tetra flake food...) and they're not eating that for me. I've tried Hikari Cichlid staple mini pellets, Hikari micro granules and Tetra Discus crumbles (my barbs love that stuff), and Wardley's sinking catfish wafers.

It's been about two weeks that I've had them and I'm starting to get worried. I've never had a fish go this long before (other than one RTBS that I NEVER saw eat). Should I presume that they are getting some food when I'm not watching. I only have the four in a 55g tank, I haven't noticed ammonia increase, so can I presume that the food is not dissolving and being eaten.

Thanks for your help...

Val

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
Standard flake foods, like the types you have should be fine... If the food is hitting the bottom of the tank, then I presume that they're eating... And will continue to eat as long as the lights are off... I wouldn't worry, they're probably just scared... They'll come and eat eventually. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store