New 30 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Well I've finally made my first step into starting this hobby. I guess this could be considered my first log. I went out today and bought a 30 gallon tank that came with lighting(not the best but I don't plan on corals for a LONG time). I get paid within a week and a half to two weeks and I will go purchase the filter, heater, power heads, live rock and other accessories I need to start up.

Without me babbling any longer, here are some pics. My brother snuck into my room and poured all the sand in while I was outside. Hopefully this isn't bad. Also, where it is sitting is only where it will be sitting for tonight. I'll be moving it to a new stand tomorrow.

:)

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Thanks. The guy at my LFS told me it was a 30, so I'll believe him.

Hm any opinions on what to stock it with?

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
All I know for sure is that I want 2 clowns. My brother wants a longnose hawkfish but I told him that was out. My girlfriend wants me to get a Royal Gramma, so that could be a possibility.

What about:
2 clowns
Royal Gramma
Yellow watchman goby

Another question. Is it bad that my brother put the sand in the tank?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
That stocking would work.

The sand is fine, when you add rocks wiggle them down so they are touching the glass. You'll want that security with the goby in there especially. When you add water use a dish on top of the sand and then pour the water onto that to help eliminate some of the dust storm. Some go a further step and place plastic on the sand and then the dish on top of that. You're going to get a sandstorm of some sort any way you go about it though.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
That's what I thought. I'll have to make sure my brother doesn't do anything else without asking me first though.

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
-LeG[A]cY-;1006178 said:
That's what I thought. I'll have to make sure my brother doesn't do anything else without asking me first though.
yeah, it'll create a sand cloud but it will clear up in time.

give him a kick next time he comes near it. am I evil......

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
I took a trip to the LFS today(my g/f needed new gravel and I'm not gonna turn down a trip there) and they had such a cool dragonette. I could have watched it for hours but she was getting mad :)

Anyways, she decided that she wants me to get a coral beauty angelfish. Would this be ok to put in my tank considering I don't want a reef anytime soon? On live aquaria it says a 30 gallon minimum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store