ideas for a 55G wanted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dimramon

AC Members
Feb 22, 2003
Denver
My 55G currently has some clown loaches, cories, blackskirts, and a gourami. I'm looking for something that would fit in well, preferably a little bit bigger fish, non-aggressive. It doesn't matter whether it's a solitary or a school fish. I just want something that's at least the size of my lace gourami.
Any ideas?

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
What kind of cories? How many of each fish do you have?

Seeing as the clowns will need a 125g min, you can't keep them unless you're planning to house 5+ 12-16" long giant loaches...

dimramon

AC Members
Feb 22, 2003
Denver

Seeing as the clowns will need a 125g min, you can't keep them unless you're planning to house 5+ 12-16" long giant loaches...
1 pleco
1 gourami
3 green cories
3 loaches
5 blackskirts

And I will be putting the loaches in one of my bigger tanks.

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
Well, you certainly have the bottom part of your tank filled up. soooo....

I'm a big supporter of Rainbows. They aren't the largest (prolly like 3-4 inches full grow) but they have some really nice colors and the best part is they are very active and swim all over the tank. I like the activity!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA

Please quit telling people this. 125g is not the minimum for clown loaches and they rarely get to 12" in the aquarium no matter what the size.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Well, you certainly have the bottom part of your tank filled up. soooo....

I'm a big supporter of Rainbows. They aren't the largest (prolly like 3-4 inches full grow) but they have some really nice colors and the best part is they are very active and swim all over the tank. I like the activity!
Many rainbows get to 6". There are some that are in teh 3-4" range, but most are larger. Praecox only get to be 2-2.5" though and make a great school of cyan fish with red fins in a tank that is too small to support larger rainbows.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store