Moon Crab setup in 10gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Asthrou

AC Members
Jul 17, 2007
www.StrathLAN.com
I am looking to setup a 10gal aquarium to host a moon crab (Adopting it from my friend, this is what he told me it is.) I want to create the best habitate for it to reside in. Now I have been trying to do as much research as possible so that I may give this creature a good home.

Ive come across many documents saying that the moon crab is much like a hermit crab, as in its habitat and how it lives. I just want to confirm this with you guys.

Right now I do believe that my friend has it hosted in 1/2 a 20gal tank. It has a shallow dish for water (freshwater, declorinated) and then just a sandy substrate. I would ideally like to give "Greg" some plant-life as well.

Basically I am just looking to figure out exactly what kind of habitat I am to give it. Any information, even if its repeatative, would be much appretiated!

Thank you in advanced, Mike

Last edited:

Wippit Guud

///\\oo//\\\
Sep 27, 2002
PEI, Canada
You might have more luck posting in the vivarium forum... that's sounds like a land hermit, right? Don't know much about them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store