acua c remora or bak pak double for 75g?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chirojosh

AC Members
Nov 24, 2006
I plan on setting up a 75g FOWLR. I was pretty set on getting an aquac remora pro with the mag 3, until I went to reefcentral's forum, and seen how many people hate the skimmer. I seen that there is a CPR bak pak double, which is two regular ones combined. They're pretty similar price-wise, do you think the bak pak would be as good?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Keep in mind that when many there are giving bad comments about the Aqua C products they are comparing them to their Deltacs and Tunzes.

For a 75g FOWLER an Aqua C Remora Pro would do just fine. If you have a sump I'd switch to their Urchin instead. For a 75g I'd also get one of their bigger models.

And betwen the CPR or the Aqua C I'd get the Aqua C.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I just orderd an AquaC Remora Pro/mag 3 for my 75g FOWLR, too.
It seems that quite of few folks at that forum are elitist techies almost to the point of OCD. They probably are the same way with their computers, too. Having to have the ultimate and absolute best technology available all the time or it's labeled as 'crap.'
I rarely go there for that reason. Wetwebmedia is my main source of info on the web, nowadays.

Riverserver

i r 2pro4u
Apr 13, 2007
It seems that quite of few folks at that forum are elitist techies almost to the point of OCD.
Yeah I kinda got that feeling too, its why I didn't even register over there.

They probably are the same way with their computers, too. Having to have the ultimate and absolute best technology available all the time or it's labeled as 'crap.'
HEY! Just because I have a E6700 clocked at 3.5GHz, DDR2-1000 memory, a 8800GTX clocked at 620Mhz/960Mhz and it's all freakin watercooled - AND I'm upgrading in a week, it does NOT make me OCD.
I work in the IT field, I'm allowed to.:silly:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=115627161&blogID=247455624

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
LOL! Yes you are. Nice system.
I'm still pimpin' an old P4 2.8GHz Northwood, pc1066 rdram, and 6600GT w/ no overclocking. :silly:

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store