fuge??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sicklidfan

AC Members
Jul 7, 2007
Does anyone have any ideas on setting a fuge up on a uniquarium. We got a good deal on a used tank and have started a reef with fish tank.

sicklidfan

AC Members
Jul 7, 2007
Thanks for the link. Unfortunatly my problem is the uniquarium being a single unit. Not sure how I can incorportate a fuge without using an in-tank unit. Also don't really want to empty and pull tank forward to provide room for a hang on back type. Plenty of room in stand just not sure how to set things up to reduce risk of overflow in case of power failure etc.

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
Anyone have any experience with Uniquariums and 'fuges? we really need some help here

Mods - maybe this would get better response in the DIY section?

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Maybe empty out the bioball section and put some cheato, some sand, and a light on it? I would imagine the flow is pretty slow in that section anyhow.

Of course, pictures of the back section would probably help out a bit.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
How big is that area? Maybe grab some chaeto and a small light and grow it in there? Is that big enough? Is the flow semi-slow through that area?

sicklidfan

AC Members
Jul 7, 2007
My first thought was to use the area which contained the bio-balls as the fuge. Unfortunatly the substrate would migrate into the pump, eventually resulting in a failure. I also considered blocking the area off and cutting an overflow area into the top of the divider. However this would result in a very deep and narrow area with very little water movement. A small powerhead might help here. The other issue would be how to light the fuge without overflow lighting getting into the main display.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store