Bubble Tip Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Peedub20

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
How big do Bubble Tips get?

Would I be able to put it in a 26 bowfront that will only have a pair of clowns in it?

How difficult are they to care for?

I currently run a Sunpod on the tank.

Thanks

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
bubble tips get to be about a foot. Which i would think would be a bit to large for a 26 gallon bowfront, although i may be wrong.

They require very high demands when it comes to lighting usually metal halide, which i believe sunpod is MH? let me know on that one.

They also do require a very stable system, as well as good water quality. Feeding them requires extra time and effort, and they should be fed shrimp and other crustaceans as well as small chopped up fish. Although i believe, and correct me if im wrong guys but with a clownfish hosting it, it doesnt need to be fed?

just my knowledge/thoughts
Jay

Peedub20

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks Jay,

The Sunpod is a MH.

I was worried it would get to bit, I figured it would, but wasn't overly familiar with them

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
well, im not sure... it may be OK in a 26 gallon. I think they are generally reccomended for 40+ gallon tanks, but if you dont want many other corals, and realize the fact that it will get rather long, and walks as well as stings other corals you may be ok. Im looking into eventually putting one in my 110g tank to host a clown, or maybe a pair.

If you are willing to take that hit, and can take care of the water, than you may be ok. You can buy them very small as well, like 1-2" and then it should take a while to get large.

Peedub20

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
My plan was to only have the Bubble Tip, but I don't want something that completely takes over my tank either.

Like I said, I thought it would be a long shot, but wanted to check.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store