southern (US) jokes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
I was born in the south, lived most my adult life there, and come from a long line of southerners

My Advice, as a Southerner...My Advice, as a Southerner, to you Northerners who move South
1. Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later how to use it.
2. If you forget a Southerner's name, refer to him (or her) as "Bubba". You have a 75% chance of being right.
3. Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean we can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.
4. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.
5. Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store.
6. Do not buy food at the movie store.
7. If it can't be fried in bacon grease, it ain't worth cooking, let alone eating.
8. Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.
9. There is nothing sillier than a Northerner imitating a southern accent, unless it is a southerner imitating a Boston accent.
10. Get used to hearing, "You ain't from around here, are you?"
11. People walk slower here.
12. Don't be worried that you don't understand anyone. They don't understand you either.
13. The first Southern expression to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "Big ol'", as in "big ol' truck" or "big ol' boy". Eighty-five percent begin their new southern influenced dialect with this expression. One hundred percent are in denial about it.
14. The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.
15. Be advised: The "He needed killin' " defense is valid here.
16. If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.
17. Most Southerners do not use turn signals, and they ignore those who do. In fact, if you see a signal blinking on a car with a southern license plate, you may rest assured that it was on when the car was purchased.
18. Northerners can be identified by the spit on the inside of their car's windshield that comes from yelling at other drivers.
19. The winter wardrobe you always brought out in September can wait until November.
20. If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the most minuscule accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It does not matter if you need anything from the store, it is just something you+re supposed to do.
21. Satellite dishes are very popular in the South. When you purchase one it is to be positioned directly in front of your trailer. This is logical bearing in mind that the dish cost considerably more than the trailer and should, therefore, be displayed.
22. Tornadoes and Southerners going through a divorce have a lot in common. In either case, you know someone is going to lose a trailer.
23. Florida is not considered a southern state. There are far more Yankees than Southerners living there.
24. In southern churches you will here the hymn, All Glory, Laud and Honor. You will also here expressions such as, "Laud, have mercy", "Good Laud", and "Laudy, Laudy, Laudy". 25. As you are cursing the person driving 15 mph in a 55 mph zone, directly in the middle of the road, remember, many folks learned to drive on a model of vehicle known as John Deere, and this is the proper speed and lane to drive in. 26. You can ask a Southerner for directions, but unless you already know the positions of key hills, trees and rocks, you're better off trying to find it yourself.

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
Two rednecks
Two rednecks, Bubba and Earl, were driving down the road drinking a couple of bottles of Bud. The passenger, Bubba, said "Lookey thar up ahead, Earl, it's a police roadblock. We're gonna get busted fer drinkin these here beers."
"Don't worry Bubba," Earl said. "We'll just pull over and finish drinkin these beers, peel the lables off, stick 'em on our foreheads, and throw the bottles under the seat." "What fer?" asked Bubba. "Just let me do the talkin, OK?" said Earl. Well, they finished the beer, threw the empty bottles under the seat and each put a lable on their forehead. When they reached the roadblock, the sherrif asked, "You boys been drinkin?" "No sir," said Earl. "We're on the patch!"

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
As an atheist walked through the forest, he smiled at the beauty that was all around him and said, "What natural wonders the powers of evolution have created." Just then he heard a rustling near the river. He went to investigate and a 7-foot-tall grizzly bear was tearing down the path towards him him. The man took off like a shot, and when he got up the courage to look back, he saw the bear was catching up fast. He tried with all his strength to pick up the pace, but he tripped and crashed to the ground.
As he tried to get up, the bear jumped on his chest and picked up one paw to whack him. The atheist screamed, "Oh my God!!!" ....Time stopped!

The bear froze. The forest was silent. Even the river stopped moving. As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice boomed from the heavens, "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit Creation to a 'cosmic accident'. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?" The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," the voice said. The light went out, the river ran again, and the sounds of the forest resumed. And then the bear dropped its right paw, brought both paws together, bowed its head and spoke: "Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful."

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
Dear Redneck SonI'm writing this letter slow because I know you can't read fast.
We don't live where we did when you left home. Your dad read in the newspaper that most accidents happen within 20 miles from your home, so we moved.
I won't be able to send you the address because the last Arkansas family that lived here took the house numbers when they moved so that they wouldn't have to change their address.
This place is really nice. It even has a washing machine. I'm not sure it works so well though: last week I put a load in and pulled the chain and haven't seen them since.
The weather isn't bad here. It only rained twice last week; the first time for three days and the second time for four days.
About that coat you wanted me to send you, your Uncle Stanley said it would be to heavy to send in the mail with the buttons on, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.
John locked his keys in the car yesterday. We were really worried because it took him two hours to get me and your father out.
Your sister had a baby this morning; but I haven't found out what it is yet so I don't know if your an aunt or an uncle. The baby looks just like your brother....
Uncle Ted fell in a whiskey vat last week. Some men tried to pull him out, but he fought them off and drowned. We had him cremated and he burned for three days.
Three of your friends went off a bridge in a pick-up truck. Ralph was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. Your other two friends were in back. They drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down.
There isn't much more news at this time. Nothing much has happened. Love, Mom P.S. I was going to send you some money but the envelope was already sealed.

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
Alabama VasectomyAfter having their 11th child, an Alabama couple decided that that was enough. So, the husband went to his doctor (who also treated mules) and told him that he and his wife/cousin didn't want to have any more children. The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem. The doctor instructed him to go home, get a cherry bomb (fireworks are legal in 'Bama), light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10. The Alabamian said to the doctor, "Ah may not be the smartest man, but Ah cain't hardly see how putting a cherry bomb in a beer can next to mah ear is gon' ta he'p me." So, the couple drove to Georgia to get a second opinion. The Georgia physician was just about to tell them about the procedure for a vasectomy when he noticed that they were from Alabama. This doctor instead told the man to go home and get a cherry bomb, light it, place it in a beer can, hold it to his ear and count to 10. Figuring that both learned physicians couldn't be wrong, the man went home, lit a cherrybomb and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . . . ", at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs and resumed counting on his other hand. . . .

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
Ventriloquist A young ventriloquist is touring the South and stops to entertain at a bar in Marietta Georgia. He's going through his usual stupid Redneck jokes, when a big burly guy [Dr. Johnson] in the audience stands up and says "I've heard just about enough of your smart *** hillbilly jokes; we ain't all stupid here in the South."
Flustered, the ventriloquist begins to apologize, when Dr. Johnson pipes up, "You stay out of this mister, I'm talking to the smart *** little fella on your knee!"

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Florida is not considered a southern state. There are far more Yankees than Southerners living there.
Absolutely. Of the many things that aren't taught in school, one of them is that there are six boroughs of New York , not five, and they are Manhattan, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, and Florida.

Along with y'all, all y'all, and all y'all's, you can't leave out the Tennessee way of saying it, which is "you'ns". Oh, and "ri'cher" (said rye-chair, only faster), meaning "right there". Along with big ol', other unique phrases are "tore up" and "I swannee", which is something along the lines of "I do declare" or "I swear".

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
Thats pretty funny...I've heard some of it before. I love the Redneck letter...it cracks me up every time I read it.

Some stuff in the 1st one is definitely true....some of it not so much though. :)

Ohh....and I agree, Florida is not a southern state. ;)

KnaveTO

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Toronto, ON, Canada
Absolutely. Of the many things that aren't taught in school, one of them is that there are six boroughs of New York , not five, and they are Manhattan, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, and Florida.
You sure it is a borough... there is an old joke up here in Canada... if Quebec separates.... who gets Florida?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store