RIP Blue Steel (Aaand Random update!)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Logy

AC Members
Sep 27, 2006
North Bay, Ontario
Well today when my tank lights came on Blue Steel (My first fish in the hobby ever [A blue betta]) was floating on his side and had passed onto the next world. He cycled a few tanks for me and survived many of my newbie mistakes. I'm not sure how old he was when I got him from the fish store...but I owned him for a year and 4 months. Which I suppose isn't a terribley long life for a betta.

Instead of getting another centerpiece fish I thought that I'd get 12 Rummynose tetra. Right now the tank has 6 cory's and 6 cardinals. I think that the mixture of Cardinals and rummynose would look amazing. I know alot of people would suggest I get more cardinals...and I would if they carried them anywhere in my area. =( I loves my Cardinals. What do you guys think?

I've neglected the fish hobby of late. I've taken up the guitar recently and have been putting alot of my free time into that. Don't get me wrong..I'm still totally engrossed in the aquarium hobby..fish are my first true love <3. Am I sounding geeky yet? =p

I started a 5 gallon hex planted a while back and threw in some java fern, java moss, a bananna plant and some other rooted plant. The rooted plant died on me pretty fast. The Bananna plant is growing slowly...Java moss is growing like caraaaazy...and java fern is coming up pretty fast. I still think I'm going to get better lighting for that little hex. I want more plants and faster growth!

Anyhoo I just thought I'd drop the forums and line since I haven't been active on them in some time. Thanks for listening to my little rant =D

Logy

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
Sorry about the betta, though it sounds like he lived a nice full life for a betta, given they are already adult when obtained and live an average of a year or two. My first male betta lived nine months and was kept in a ten gal with 2-3 female bettas.

Logy

AC Members
Sep 27, 2006
North Bay, Ontario
Thanks

Ya, your right...it does seem like alot for a 20 gallon. I think I'll just get the 6 Rummynose Tetra than. One day I plan to get a larger tank and have huge schools of these beautiful fish! =D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store