Clown-Lovers 75 Gallon Tank Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Ok so I'm not cycling the tank any more and decided that I wanted to start a thread with some updated pics of my tank. I bought a couple of new items today.. The GF and I took the day off as "I haven't been showing her enough attention" and she suggested that we go look at some new stuff for the tank.. So We went up to Grand Forks ND and did some shoppin'...

Also included at no additional charge is an updated pic of my tank and some of the other inhabitants.. Comments Welcome, Critiques Welcome..

Pic 1 - Pygmy Cherub Angelfish (New Fish), Her Name is Shirley
Pic 2 - Yellow Tang - I think her color has improved, Her Name is LaVerne
Pic 3 - Golden Headed Sleeper Goby - Her Name is Edna
Pic 4 - Coral Banded Shirmp (New as of Last Week Monday) - His Name is Frank
Pic 5 - Button Poyps (Week Before Last)
Pic 6 - Hawain Feather Duster
Pic 7 - New LR Chunk ( 7 lbs) that I picked up Today
Pic 8 - Complete Tank Shot
Pic 9 - Oooppsss almost forgot Lenny and Squiggy..

100_0442.JPG 100_0463.JPG 100_0458.JPG 100_0447.JPG 100_0448.JPG 100_0454.JPG 100_0449.JPG 100_0461.JPG 100_0459.JPG

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Ha! I was going to ask why there wasn't a Lenny & Squiggy! Perhaps the FeatherDuster should be Carmine?

Love the full tank shot, some nice pieces of live rock.
I was thinking of that.. Possibly.. But since he was "The Big Ragu" I think I might have to do something different..

Maybe a shark??? j/k

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
LOL.. I looked that one up.. I dunno... I really haven't decided I have pretty much reached the point of stocking I wanted in the tank and don't know if I should even add anymore.. I know its a 75 Gal, but you know I'm eventually wanting corals and an anemone which is going to add a lot to the bio load..

Something funny tonight though I was intently watching my tank and I saw one of the crabs go potty.. It was really funny, he was by the glass, streached out his claws and backed backwards up the glass so the shell was in the air and then I saw this cloud of stuff come out of the shell.. (I'm assuming he was going potty anyway).. Maybe he was doing something else????

spinx

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
That yellow tang looks great and the scattering of your LR looks promising!:)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
That yellow tang looks great and the scattering of your LR looks promising!:)
Thanks, the tang has been some work as she was more of a rescue.. I had been watching her at a LPS and she was getting lighter and lighter.. But with Grins and Jojo's help I got on the right track with Selcon and Sally's and she is one of the biggest pigs in the tank... ;)

The rock most of it came with the tank, but I have traded off some pieces for others and spent almost 300.00 on more rock. The rock I originally got with the tank was covered in hair algae (along with everything else) and spent two weeks in the closet with no light and only a powerhead and heater. I lost a ton of the Coraline and any of the fun critters etc.. But we are slowly trying to reseed things, and my calcium levels seem to be at a point where I am hoping Coraline will start growing in the next couple of months.

congrats, you have an amazing tank. I'm kinda jealous...lol
Thanks a ton. I appreciate it.. If it makes you feel any better I'm into the tank for about 2300.00 but then I got a darn near complete system from the get go for a great price.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
This weekends testing..

So I think I have finally gotten my system to the point where I will start adding more corals. My testing this weekend was

Ph 8.4
Amm - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 2.5 (I'm saying 2.5 because the color wasn't 5ppm but it wasn't 0 either)
Alk - 9 dKh
CA - 440
Phos - 0

So I did find a small fledgling local club that is starting up again after several years of being disbanded due to some infighting.. But there are guys who will hopefully have frags etc. Any suggestions? I have a zoa colony right now. I eventually want to get a sun coral some day, but what are some good starter corals. I am not adverse to complicated feeding etc as I have the time after work where I can dedicate to feeding individual polyps etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store