"New" 2.5 gallon! Pics!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I went to buy dog food today, and was surprised to find Endler's at the store. I'm pretty sure they are real Endler's, and they were sold to me as snakeskins. I bought 4 males, intending to put them in my 10 gallon w/ my female betta. I started to float the bag in her tank, and she tried to eat them through the bag so I was afraid she would kill them.

I ended up cleaning out my 2.5 MiniBow that used to be my SW pico, and I put them in there with a few snails from my discus tank. I used gravel from my established 75 gallon, and plants and driftwood from my 45 and 55. At the moment, the plan is to run the tank as a "natural" tank with frequent water changes and let the plants handle the filtration. If this doesn't work I am prepared to buy a nano filter. I'm not using a heater in this tank because our digital thermostat keeps the house at a steady temp. This has worked well for me in the 10 gallon since I unplugged the heater due to a malfunction, so I am hoping for the best.

Here are the pics:

right side

left side

fish

This tank sits on a "ledge" that separates my kitchen and living room. It will be viewable from both sides, so I'm not planning on using a background. Let me know what you think, I welcome any comments!:dance:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

ReignsAngel

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
cute little guys. :)