30 Gallon progress thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Well I already have a thread about my tank in the newbie forum, but I figured I'd get more views and replies here. I'll start from when I first got my tank:

My brother poured all the sand in when I wasn't looking.

Then I ordered everything else I needed:

Then today I filled it up. I used RO/DI from my girlfriends house. I also bought a small piece of live rock.

The ship is only in there because my dad wanted it and he gave me the money for it so whatever. You can't tell so much in the picture but it's really cloudy in there.

I just started adding the salt a little while ago. The SG is at 1.020 so I'm going to try to get it at 1.023 by the end of the night.

My next paycheck comes sometime this week so I'll be getting the rest of the live rock.

Thanks for looking :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Thanks for sharing! Nice start. What do you plan on stocking?

Marcus Fenix

bicolor anglefish-one of my favs
Jul 21, 2007
Canada
-LeG[A]cY-;1022737 said:
All I know that I want for sure is 2 false percs. Other than that I have no idea.
you could go with an orange or purple firefish. a coral beauty angelfsh could also be a nice fish for your 30gal.

I also have a 30gal that is currently cycling.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
That's a nice sized tank. I have a 29g and it's got about 60+ lbs of rock, 40 lbs of sand, and right now 2 clowns, some shrimp, some chromies, a scooter blenny, an anemone, and a bunch of coral.

Only thing you can't do with the smaller tanks like 30g is keep the big fish!

:)

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
you could go with an orange or purple firefish. a coral beauty angelfsh could also be a nice fish for your 30gal.

I also have a 30gal that is currently cycling.
Hm I don't like firefish much. I was thinking of getting a yellow watchman goby and I do like the coral beauty angels.

That's a nice sized tank. I have a 29g and it's got about 60+ lbs of rock, 40 lbs of sand, and right now 2 clowns, some shrimp, some chromies, a scooter blenny, an anemone, and a bunch of coral.

Only thing you can't do with the smaller tanks like 30g is keep the big fish!

:)
Sounds nice. And there's not really many big fish that I like other than a few of the butterflies and the tangs.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Yeah, the holy grail for me for fish would be a powder blue tang. Love those fish...but...might never even have one.
Oh well...I'll get over it...somehow. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store