thinking about getting a tunze skimmer, BUT

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chirojosh

AC Members
Nov 24, 2006
here it is a 9010
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Product_Code=T9010.00&Category_Code=TUNZESKIM

Im setting up a 75g FOWLR, and since I have no sump, it would be used in the tank. I now there may not be much direct experience with it, but do you think looking at the dimesions of the skimmer 16 x 4.5x4.5 that it would displace more water than it is worth? I am also concerned about heat transfer as well, what do you guys think? I posted on reefcentral, but they seem to high and mighty to address my "simple mided" question. Thanks.

chirojosh

AC Members
Nov 24, 2006
forgive me but this is my first aquarium setup. Now my tank doesnt have a hood, it came with the perfecto glass tops or whatever, and I bought a satellite compact light, where would this skimmer go exactly in the tank. I mean it looks like the glass covers with take up the entire openings, **** Im confused how this will all go together. Where there be enough room for this thing?

chirojosh

AC Members
Nov 24, 2006
when I see pictures of it in tanks, nobody has covers over the tanks or anything. I have no clue where there lights are and what not.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Mine is the classic DOC series and it is in the sump.

On your set-up I'm not a fan of the glass tops. They trap heat and are another place for salt creep as well as lacking in gas exchange in my opinion. If you're going to place the skimmer in the tank I'd consider switching to a mesh or eggcrate top and cutting out a hole for the skimmer.

chirojosh

AC Members
Nov 24, 2006
do you think the skimmer will take up too much space? should I just go with a remora pro instead, though I hear the tunze's are great and would rather have one. could I put this satellite compact fixture over these mesh or eggcrate tops?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store