Thanks to all Acrylic tank in NYC

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BrooklynAngel

AC Members
Jan 25, 2007
Manhattan, NY
Where do I get 50-60 gal acrylic in NYC?

Hey!
Looking for a 48" acrylic tank for freshwater and plants. Where should I start. I live in manhattan. ANyone with any suggestions?

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
try craigslist.com for your area, to start with.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
DON'T try craigslist in ny for tanks... people here in ny seem to think their used tanks are rimmed with gold. I swear, I've offered people 30 bucks for their 5 year old 40 gallon and they argued with me that it was worth 200. a crazy bunch.

I'd check out the petco at union square, they have a lot of tanks... and Pacific Aquarium on Delancy also has a ton of tanks and seemingly good prices.

is there a reason you want acrylic?
if you must have acrylic, Canal Plastics fabricates pretty much anything in acrylic to your specs. don't know what they'd charge, but you could probably get it drilled etc.

in brooklyn, the petland discounts on 5th ave has cheap tanks... but I've only seen the typical black rimmed glass tanks.

the place in williamsburg, I think it was called Aquatic Creations, claimed they made custom tanks, but I can't figure out if they exist any more, the phone is off... I just haven't been up to N10th street in a while. (not long enough really)

one other thought it to check with some of the food service specialty outlets on bowery... I've seen tanks being loaded in and out of them a few times, probably for lobster tanks for chinese restaurants.

dialicious

44% vowel content
Jul 21, 2007
Toronto
DON'T try craigslist in ny for tanks... people here in ny seem to think their used tanks are rimmed with gold. I swear, I've offered people 30 bucks for their 5 year old 40 gallon and they argued with me that it was worth 200. a crazy bunch.

I'd check out the petco at union square, they have a lot of tanks... and Pacific Aquarium on Delancy also has a ton of tanks and seemingly good prices.

is there a reason you want acrylic?
if you must have acrylic, Canal Plastics fabricates pretty much anything in acrylic to your specs. don't know what they'd charge, but you could probably get it drilled etc.

in brooklyn, the petland discounts on 5th ave has cheap tanks... but I've only seen the typical black rimmed glass tanks.

the place in williamsburg, I think it was called Aquatic Creations, claimed they made custom tanks, but I can't figure out if they exist any more, the phone is off... I just haven't been up to N10th street in a while. (not long enough really)

one other thought it to check with some of the food service specialty outlets on bowery... I've seen tanks being loaded in and out of them a few times, probably for lobster tanks for chinese restaurants.

......... I wish I'd talked to you when I was living in NYC, I was so frustrated trying to find anything aquarium related.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
There's also 1000 Island Aquarium in Brooklyn. It's like warehouse-sized with tanks all over the place. They custom-make them as well.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
They've a website http://www.1000islandaquarium.com
Their stock is like 90% saltwater

There's also another store nearby called World Class Aquarium. They have an entire room on the side with just empty tanks on display, so that's worth a look too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store