evolution of changes-->welcome-->comments, opinions, etc...sorry for bad pics lol..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gian krlo

GT expert!! :)
Dec 26, 2005
Union County, NJ
My favorite...pigeon blood I think right? hehehe
BEFORE

YESTERDAY...The blue spots are nicer in presence hehe

the other pigeon, if it is pigeon lol...he use to have a bad growing problem for the eye if you know....but he is getting better and better as youll see
BEFORE

YESTERDAY...he gets scared with the flash jaja

this is a lil wild one that i got one week after i got the two others (pigeons??)

AND THE LAST TWO....THIS ARE WILDS CAUGHTS IN PROVINCE OF "AMAZONAS" IN COLOMBIA
both wild ones are the biggest ones...... they are also afraid of the flash, so they drive me crazy around the tank, but still i get bad pics jeje

THANKS!

Questions from me.

-What name is given to the wild discus i have?, i mean green discus, brown discus, etc... the big ones and the small wild one are the same color variant?

-The hybrids are pigeons blood right?

Last edited:

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Symphysodon aequifaciatus axelrodi = brown discus
Symphysodon aequifasciatus aequifasciatus = green discus
Symphysodon discus = Heckel discus
Symphysodon aequifasciatus haraldi = blue discus

http://aquariumhobbyist.com/discus/strains/index.html is a great reference on discus color strains and species.

Pigeon bloods are not hybrids. They are the result of select breeding as are other color strains/mutations.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
your discus are beautiful! i have never seen wild-caught discus with such solid, smooth color. they look very healthy.

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
Beautiful discus' though...and good shots.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store