Achilles Tang (Adult) - Acanthurus achilles

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
What do think about this fish? I have read that they are hard to keep but I've seen videos where people are keeping these fish and seem to be doing well. I have a 180 GAL but the only problem I have a powder blue tang which are in the family as the Achilles tang, Has any body tried to keep this fish? and if so have they had any luck.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
They are my favorite tang. Gorgeous fish isn't it? But I'd not risk two Ancanthurus in a 180 together.

Oh and by the way..PBTs are considered difficult to keep as well but you seem to be handling that. =)

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
I see you posting on allot of these threads you must really have the passion for keeping fish and for helping other people. I think it's great, I have only been in saltwater for about 4 years so I'm still learning.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Nice way of calling me a blabbermouth. =)
I'm admittingly obsessed. Reading everything I can get my hands on. Looks like I'll be my club libararian soon as well so now I'll have even more to read here at home.

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
LOL that's where I seen it for the first time, I was disappointed when I started reading about this tang. Oh by the way I don't think you are a blabber mouth LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store