My Deep Sea Fishing Trip - pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
As promised, way over due...

This July on vacation we went deep sea fishing. We were off of the North Carolina Coast, Carolina Beach to be exact.

Our 11 yr old daughter caught the most fish and our 13 yr old caught the biggest. They figured out when there was a bite on the outrigger within 30 minutes. We were told by the first mate that often "spotsmen" never figure it out at all. All the kids had a blast.

We were mackeral fishing and caught 16 kings and 23 spanish.

Below are some pictures:

Trip_to_Fayetteville_2007_109.JPG Trip_to_Fayetteville_2007_104.JPG Trip_to_Fayetteville_2007_107.JPG Trip_to_Fayetteville_2007_086.JPG

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
creepy. . . your daughter in the white shirt looks a lot like me when i was younger. i almost had to do a double-take.

questions:

Did you eat any of your fish?
Were they delicious?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice pics! Looks like you folks were having a good time!

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
creepy. . . your daughter in the white shirt looks a lot like me when i was younger. i almost had to do a double-take.

questions:

Did you eat any of your fish?
Were they delicious?
We ate it for 3 days while on vacation and we brought some back. We also gave lots away.

My wife who does not like fish a whole lot, does like mackeral. I like the king as steaks and grill them. I marinate them in zesty italian dressing and then put ol' bay on it when grilling. You have to not over cook it. The spanish are good battered up and fried. Our daughters did not try any of the fish.

I like makeral. I even like it as sushi, saba. I wanted to go makeral fishing because it is not a fish that is commonly sold in stores. My favorite fish to eat are mahi-mahi and tuna.

We all had a great time.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Very Cool Pics.. But you missed the pics of you reeling one in.. LOL

daclozer

AC Members
Apr 20, 2010
THose are just the right eating size. The kingfish are called smokers when the get large. Noit because they smoke the real, but because smoking them is the only way you can eat them.. Marinating them in italina dressing and grilling is how we eat them also. Looks like a great time...

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Nice catch John! In the gulf we catch both. The Spanish are generally smaller though. When we get large kingfish we don't try to eat the whole steak as it has such a strong flavor. We usually just eat the center of the steak, we call 'em Kingfish balls.

A few years back I fought a fish for an hour and a half on light tackle, about 65 miles out in the gulf. When it first flashed green about thirty feet down I thought I had a record Kingfish. It turned out to be a 60 lb Wahoo which was great eating.

I'm planning a trip for later in the summer, probably to one of the wrecks or rigs out in the 120' water. We'll be going after Ling (cobia), dolphin (mahi mahi, dorado), amberjack, snapper and grouper. I can't wait.

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store