Rose Bubble Tip Anenome help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neenie

Upgrade has arrived people!!
Jan 19, 2007
Romford, UK
Hi there

Quick question has anyone got one of these anenomes? I did a quick ID on this on another thread and it is a rose bubble tip...

Just after research I thought that they liked a lot of light.. ours seems to have lodged itself into a crevice and can't really be getting much light at all, I understand they move if they don't like where there are, but it's been in this crevice for a couple of days now, I can see some of it and it's inflated and looks healthy... should I just leave it be?

Thanks

Photo-0013_000.jpg

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I've just brought one and although mine was getting enough light it was sitting on a rock facing the back of the tank. I pointed a powerhead in it's direction just to make it uncomfortable and now it's moved round to the front of the tank where I can actually see it.

Neenie

Jan 19, 2007
Romford, UK
ah ok.. that's an idea.. I sort of just presumed it would move up into the light on it's own.. might try the power head though..

How long did it take for yours to move?

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
They basically need 3 things to stay put:

flow
light
water quality

You get all 3 to their liking, and they'll stay put forever.

:)

Neenie

Jan 19, 2007
Romford, UK
ok, so you think that it's happy where it is then.. getting enough light etc??

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
As Subliminal said they'll only stay put if they're happy - so yours is probably happy, same as mine was - it was just me who wasn't happy!!! It took mine overnight to move to the front of the rock where it still is now so me, the anemone and especially my maroon clown are all happy!!!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Leave it be. The one in your picture does look a bit bleached, so it will be somewhat sensitive to light (hence why it is away from it). If it has settled and ceased to move, try to feed it small pieces of food, such as krill and silversides. That will accelerate its recovery. When it wants more light, it will allow itself to receive it.

AshtonMitchell

AC Members
Aug 11, 2007
I say leave it too.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Neenie: I would certainly believe it to be happy. It looks terrific. I have a green bubble anemonie and it has decided it likes the inside of my large rock (25#) that has all manner of holes and caves in it. I only get to glimpse at the green at night when the moonlights peer into the holes.

I hope your RTB stays there for you as it looks terrific, not sure if you are able to get food to it's mouth though....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store