Where to buy Acrylic sheets?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cory Keeper

LED Guru of Aquaria Central
Aug 7, 2007
A work of warning when cutting that stuff, ALWAYS use the correct blade. Using an incorrect blade can cause major problems along the sides, including melting. (I should know) I would like to know however, I may want to try and make my own tank, might be alot cheaper, and cooler :)

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
Lowes has acrylic in their store; they dont show it on the website though

just be sure not to get lexan

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I've heard you can use any blade, just have a water-spray bottle to cool it down to prevent melting.

brett_93_ex

AC Members
Aug 1, 2007
Currently feels like a furnace
Well I went to that link and played around. A 4' x 2'x 2' would be cool but also a house payment.

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
IMO, tapplastics is one of the best and cheapest suppliers of smaller sheets of acrylic. Me and my girlfriend build most of our smaller tanks with acrylic from there. They even do free cuts!!!!!!

red devil

AC Members
Jan 7, 2003
Shenzhen, China
Visit site
aquarium safe silicon :) But if you are talking about putting the acrylic together you will not use silicon. You will use a glue that, similar to the pvc glue, actually welds the pieces of acrylic together. Tapps will get you on the road.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store