setting up sump....problem.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
my tank isnt cut and it has a wide glass lip around the top with the corners cut out, i have no chance of hanging my skimmer on the side so i thought id set up a sump, the lfs advised me to use maxi power heads and pipe and a controller, but today i went to a different fish shop and they said its VERY risky. what return flow would i need? are there any other options? i would like a sump for other reason aswell......any help would be very apprieciated.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
what size tank and what size sump are we talking about here Tidyman and what is the distance between the sump and the top of the display tank? with them answers, we can hopefully give you best advice...

Niko

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
tank is 5ft. the sump will be directly under the tank, and i havent ordered the sump but it can only be 2ft long because of the cabenet has a partition.

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
also, i wud love a hang on overflows, but there is that glass lip on the edge on the tank so its impossible....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store