5g bucket of Crushed Coral..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr Meaty

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
Southern Indiana
A while back I bought a 55g from a friend who originally had his tank set up as SW. So when I recieved the tank it still had crushed coral in it. I removed the Crushed Coral and put it in a 5 gallon bucket. Its been in this bucket now for a little over a month now.

My question is....
I have a 30 gallon that is empty and I would like to use the crushed coral as my substrate, only thing is, Im doing FW. Will this work if I rinse the CC and try to remove most the salt?

Mr Meaty

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
Southern Indiana
Insight? Anyone?

Mr Meaty

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
Southern Indiana
Crushed coral is a good substrate for African cichlids.
Ok so now Im kinda stuck in between on my question. You say its good and jm has his doubts. So is this gonna be a good idea or not? Come on guys, a little more help:help:

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
We use CC in the 80 ..............:)

Mr Meaty

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
Southern Indiana
So the CC is A OK to go into my 30. Great! Thanks for everyones info. One more question, do I even need to rinse our the CC to try and remove the salt. I just read that the salt is ok for FW fish + my tank will be cycling for atleast 1 month before I can afford to put decor and fish in.

Mr Meaty

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
Southern Indiana
62 views and only 7 replies! Come on guys, help a fellow hobbyist out!

will74

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
Kentucky
cc

I use crushed coral in my breeder tanks. Son as for that, It works. Before I used the crushed coral I would rinse it thoroughly and bake it in the oven to kill any organisms from the saltwater fish setup. 250 for a couple of hours should work fine. This is what i do to rocks that I find. Hope I helped!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store