Long finned Leapard spoted Danio...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

robadk1

Fish out of Water
Jun 24, 2007
Georgia, USA
Long finned Leapard spoted Danio. Say that five times fast.

I was wondering if anyone sees these in any of there LFS/LPS or chain stores. I had a couple that were a little over two years old(however old they are when they get sold+2 years) I got them from someone a while back. They ended up completely disappearing. (or possibly getting eaten, but I don't know by who. I just had 4 Clown loach and a betta in there with 'em)

I wanted some more though. I see too many of the same old Zebra Danio, I wanted some more leopard spoted, Long finned or not. Any Opinions?

dvanv

AC Members
Aug 17, 2006
I have seen the leopard long finned danios at my local fish store. I have the zebra long finned danios and I just love watching them glide through the tank. I live in WI.

Caius

AC Members
Apr 13, 2007
New Jersey
I've only seen them in an LFS once. I immediately bought a few to keep company 2 zebra danios that came with a used tank I had just bought. They're a great alternative to the zebra, if you can find some.

As an aside, it seems to me like the long finned variety of danio (leopard or zebra) tends to be a little less hyperactive than the regular variety. More drag from the long fins, maybe?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
My zebras are long finned but I have not seen any leopard danios around here...I think "leopard spotted" is redundant...seeing as all leopard danios are spotted...unless it's a cross between leopard (Danio frankei) and the dwarf spotted danio (Danio nigrofasciatus)

robadk1

Fish out of Water
Jun 24, 2007
Georgia, USA
Leopard Spotted could be redundant, your right.
Petsmart? Well, I havn't seen them there lately, but i'm sure they carry them most of the time. When I decide to get some more, I think that i'm giong to get both long finned and regular, as well as long a regular zebras, I dunno.(they'll get there own tank. 20+ long.) I'll just order them online, or from my LFS. Thanks for the input all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store