ANGEL FISH JUST HAD EGGS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EDDIE PIGON

AC Members
May 2, 2007
HI MY ANGEL FISH JUST HAD EGGS ,PARENTS ARE FANNING THE EGGS AND KEEPING THE OTHER FISH AWAY.HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE EGGS TO HATCH.THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. :repost:

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
Angelfish eggs

Once the eggs are layed it takes about 3 to 4 days to hatch, depending on temperature and whether or not they are fertile. If the Parent fish are in a commuity take, more than likely they will eat the eggs, or one of the other fish will. I have been breeding angelfish for about 3 years now and I always pull the eggs and hatch them artifically. Hope this helps.

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
Angel fish

Angel fish will lay there eggs anywhere they can find a smooth surface, whether it be slate, leafs, filter intakes, heaters and even the sides of the tank glass. If you do not want your angels to lay on the filter intake try getting a piece of slate and cover the intake, or try broad leaf amazon sword plants to give them another surface to lay on. Angels will sometimes eat there eggs, it all depends on the pair that you have. If the parents take care of the eggs then it is better to have them parent raise. Some Angels will always eat there eggs that is why the eggs have to be pulled and raised artifically.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store