help-chronic problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

euglossa

AC Members
Nov 9, 2006
I think I've got either fish TB or columnaris in my 75 gallon tank.

Some of the fish are fine-the congos, angelfish and otoclinus seem totally unaffected.

I lost three rummys-rhey dissappeared over the last month or two. A fourth had a band of fuzzy white around the body just forward of the tail a couple weeks ago, but after a day the white faded and the fish is running with the pack again.

My pearl gourami had a couple lesions on one flank a month ago, centered on the lateral line between the dorsal fin and the tail, those have healed and it seems fine.

The blue rams-one died with no blemishes. One had a lesion over one nostril that got larger and it died. Another had a lesion on its forehead. That seemed to get better, then one day a second lesion showed up above one gill and the lesion on the head got larger. It died that night. The last GBR is showing some deterioration of one pectoral fin that just showed up yesterday.

My poor albino corys are active and eating, but some of them have virtually no dorsal fin left-spine and membrane. There are holes in the tails, and their ventral and anal fins are just stubs. Yet three of the seven have little or no damage.

All the fish are active and eating well and not thin, color is good. Apart from the one rummy that got better I am not seeing fuzzy white mold on any of the problem areas.

What have I got? TB? Columnaris or something else?

If I remove the affected fish to QT and treat them, is whatever I've got going to be in my big tank, ready to infect any new fish I want to add, or eventually attack my apparently healthy fish? Is there any way to really know when/if it will be safe to add more fish?

Water parameters; Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10-20 (20 before weekly water change, 10 after the change). I test the water weekly and have never had a spike. The tank has been running since last November.

I change 18 gallons a week. I have bio-zorb in the canister filter, old carbon in the HOB. No salt in the tank (I have two snails). The only chemical I've added lately is the dechlorinator.

I ran a treatment for mold about two months ago. Jungle Tabs two if I remember rightly, the box isn't here with me to be sure.

Ellen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store