PetSmart expanding saltwater selection

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yonsu

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
I learned today that PetSmart is expanding their saltwater selection, and got a peak at what they were going to be selling soon (I don't think stores are required to have the displays set up just yet, but they are already getting the items in). They will be carrying a complete selection of the Coralife 50/50 fluorescent bulbs (my buddy says they were priced pretty well), as well as some type of linear compact fluorescent lighting (has arms that sit on the sides of the tank and suspends it above the tank). I also saw several bags of Reef Crystals, quite a few different foods (a few different colors of the dried sea veggies), as well as three or four different sized bags of the CaribSea Live Sand. I'm sure they will be getting some other items that I did not get to see. Anyway, just a heads up. :thumbsup:

trainedkilla

trainedkilla
Aug 13, 2007
Fort Mitchell, AL
www.myspace.com
Every Petco I have seen has SW fish and supplies. If Petsmart catches on, it will be very hard for the local fish stores to compete.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
nah, i doubt it not if its a good LFS, i mean yeah petco carries SW stuff... but a very small selection of SW fish. Its more like you go there and pick out a fish they have more than you go there knowing what you are going to get like you would at a LFS.

Some LFS prices wont be as good, and that may shy some people away, but there selection should be much much better, as well as advice for newer marine keepers would be better too, or at least i would hope.

trainedkilla

trainedkilla
Aug 13, 2007
Fort Mitchell, AL
www.myspace.com
Good points. I always like the small buisness better anyway if you get the "small buisness" treatment. Which means they take their time and talk to you instead of runiing all over the place like fast food restaraunt workers.

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
I know we got the coralife bulbs in. I forget the prices. I'm not sure on the reef crystals yet, but I might be able to see on Friday or Sunday (my last day there). I have to say I'd rather spend the money their then Petco just for the fact that the Petco here is a bunch of jerks that want everything to die and try to sell you sick things. They make me so mad, and don't even care to check on their small animals/reps that are sick. Not my favorite thing.

Hopefully Petsmart will have a good list, because I can believe they will expand it with the fact a lot of people are interested now. Every day I have someone coming in and talking to me about saltwater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store