green catfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
I was wondering if anyone knew of a green-greenish catfish or bottom feeder, that is hardy. I really would like to find a fish in the green color to fit in with my rainbow tank. And one that will go with my four colors of gouramis.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
well I have a 55 gallon with:
3 blue gouramis
2 mating blue paradise gouramis
one honey gourami
2 red honey gouramis
and two HI-fin tetras
oh and one black kuhli loach

boomerjr91

I see you!
Apr 8, 2007
Horseheads, NY
I have a color variation of c. aeneous or bronze cory that is greenish in color, sold as emerald green cories.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
emerald green cories

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
^Was thinking the same thing.

Emerald Green Cories are most often Brochis splendens (had to think twice before using the usual convention of abbreviating the generic epithet when it had already been mentioned in the thread...B. splendens is too often associated with something else!) which have been misidentified as cories.

I am a little concerned about the gouramies, but I'm also concerned about the solo kuhli and the pair of tetras...they might be happier with conspecific company as well.

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
I have a green cory (brochis splendens) like everyone else suggested. They're cute, stay small (4'' max) and are green ish. They're also hardy...

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
I have Green-Gold Corys, but I will let you know they are EXTREMELY excitable IME!!! :eek: They very very active and very skitish to movement. I have kept them groups of 6 and as little as 2. The smaller groups are less skitish in my experience, but their colors are amazing!!! :)

My C. melanotaenia (Green-Gold), enjoy!

Green-Gold.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store