will it break

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
my 10G is a little uneven so i was wondering if it is goin to crack or leak sense i heard of cases about bigger tanks leaking when they were not leveled????

Johnnyr

AC Members
Nov 15, 2006
As long as the tank is not twisting, meaning one corner is above or below the rest, you'll be fine. The way to test this is to get a level and put it on both the left and right sides of the tank. As long as these match (note, they don't have to be level, but should match how level they are) you should be ok, especially with such a small tank.

I was freaking out yesterday thinking my 125g was a bit off-kilter, but a level shows its nearly perfectly level. Phew!

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
im not sure i understand what u mean??? if i look at it i can see that the water is higher on one side then the other but not by a lot

Johnnyr

AC Members
Nov 15, 2006
Right, so the tank itself is not level, but what you have to do is make sure that the SIDES of the tank BOTH have the same water slope. Meaning when you look at one side of the tank, if it's going in a downward slope towards the front of the tank, the other side should be doing the same thing. You need to look at each side, they should have the same water slope. (One side will obviously have a bit higher water LEVEL, but thats ok, since the tank itself is not level)

Anyway, that probrably confused you even more....do you have a leveler you can use? Just put that on each side of the tank, and the little bubble should be in the same place for both sides. Does that make sense?

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Make sure the base is even on the stand and not twisted. It's all about pressure either on the joints or stress on the glass itself.

10G would be pretty hard to do any damage to as new silicone alone should be able to hold the 70-80lbs of pressure exerted from the water, which not all of that will be placed on a stressed point anyways.

Johnnyr

AC Members
Nov 15, 2006
Lol ct, I think that may have confused him more :duh:

Anyway, using a level on the tank will tell you if you've got a problem. Like I said, both sides should be the same on the level. And by side I literally mean the sides of the tank, not any part of the front.

Last edited:

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Lol ct, I think that may have confused him more :duh:

Anyway, using a level on the tank will you if you've got a problem. Like I said, both sides should be the same on the level. And by side I literally mean the sides of the tank, not any part of the front.
You're probably right... :y220d:

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
lol ok i think i got it i just have to find a level now lol i think i understand though. so as long as the front and back are sloping at the same angle im in good shape?

Johnnyr

AC Members
Nov 15, 2006
Correct, as long as the slope of the water from front to back is the same on both sides of the tank.

Most tanks that are on carpet have some sort of slope from left to right on the front, this isnt too much to worry about. Like we said, it's the slope on the sides that needs to be the same, if not, it could indicate some twisting, which IS bad.

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
so lets say the left side is higher then the right said then thats ok but if the back to front is different thats worst

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store