Lion fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hunk

AC Members
May 28, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys

I am thinking of keeping alion in my 55 gallon tank but I would liek to know how it feeds and 've got other clowns and damsels in the tank as well.

I was thinking of getting rid of the damsels but it seems that they are elusive enough to evade my net. I've got a load of lr within the tank. Therefore, I was thinking of getting a predator to get rid of them. Pls advise. Thanks

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
A volitan will outgrow your tank quickly, probably won't eat the damsels anyway. Few of the dwarf lions will readily eat damsels. Not to mention, any lion capable of eating the damsels will probably also eat the clowns.

Instead, and I know what a pain this is, having done it myself, pull the live rock out, and capture the damsels. Or, capture them with a baited glass jar. Or, wait until about 1/2 hour after lights out and catch them as they sleep. Return them if you'd like, but please don't put in a lion.

Awestralian

Awesome...
May 22, 2003
Sydney, Australia
au.geocities.com
Return them if you'd like, but please don't put in a lion.
WURD!

Please dont 'feed' your fish to another fish.
Yes it happens in nature, but they have a much bigger area to hide and escape in.
Its just plain cruel in a tank, and only because you cant be bothered breaking down your liverock.

hunk

AC Members
May 28, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Thanks guys

I know what to do and I've decided to biat them using a glass jar. Thanks

always learning

AC Members
Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
I agree with not getting a lion to get rid of them, won't work to well, the baited jar thing sounds good. If that doesn't work then just take out some rock or use two nets to get the damsels out. If you want some lions then I'd keep some of the clowns just for good food but if a petstore is offering lots of credits or money for the clowns then trad'em otherwise the lions will have ood food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store