Ghost Shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

*Bethie*

I love bettas!
Jun 12, 2007
Green Bay, Wisconsin
I'm not sure how well this ghost shrimp breeding thing is gonna work. :( First there are the little white wormies all over the breeding tank, and the more I read online, the more I think this may not work the way we had hoped. By the reading I have done, ghost shrimp are easy to breed, but hard to raise, unless you have a pond. Ummmmm pond? We don't have room for a pond in our apartment. LOL Explains why I am seeing fry die. So we are thinking of trying cherry shrimp, because from the research my bf did on them (some of us have internet access at work :p) the conditions we have are much more suitible for cherry shrimp. So the shrimp breeding saga continues. LOL If anyone has any advice, please, feel free to share!

*Bethie*

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
:iagree: And Cherry Shrimp are frightneningly easy to breed! I purchashed 17 (from someone on this site) maybe a few weeks ago and have 5 females carrying eggs already. www.petshrimp.com is a very good resource.

*Bethie*

I love bettas!
Jun 12, 2007
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Thank you everyone for all the info! We decided we are going to try the cherry shrimp too, because we just like them. :D We ordered them yesterday. I do have one question that I cannot seem to find the answer to: Do cherry shrimp eat their young too, like ghost shrimp? I'm really hoping not.

As far as the ghost shrimp are going, I am not sure. All I can spot now is 2 babies, but they could be hiding too. We have another preganant one, so we shall see what happens. We are still working on it. :)

*Bethie*

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Thank you everyone for all the info! We decided we are going to try the cherry shrimp too, because we just like them. :D We ordered them yesterday. I do have one question that I cannot seem to find the answer to: Do cherry shrimp eat their young too, like ghost shrimp? I'm really hoping not.
Not that I'm aware of. I have 5 females with eggs about due so I can tell you for sure by the end of the week! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store