Preventing Back Siphoning...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
I currently have my returns from my sump pointed towards the top of the water, barely under the surface, to help prevent too much water from siphoning back into the sump...

That way, when the power goes out, the water level only has to drop slightly and then the siphon is broken... Does that make sense??

I was wondering if there is a way to help break the siphon if the power goes out, but at the same time, not allow water to leak out of the system... does that make sense??

I would like to be able to aim my returns downward and use them for my watermovement instead of having to add multiple powerheads... I have already invested in 2 hydor koralia 2's but i can find something to do with them if i can find a way to resolve this issue and use my returns as my water movement....

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
put a one way vavle in or how ever you spell it it will close when the water trys to back wash and it wont be able to

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
thats what mine has, a one way valve. But i also use an overflow box, so even that isnt completely necessary for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store