firemouth stress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dragon_Lord_Tia

OH NO not Lenny
Feb 14, 2003
Orange Australia
Visit site
i purhased a fire mouth and placed him with my acaras and peacocks and he seems to be quiet stressed about the whole feasco i did everything right the water etc he has plenty of cover and he spends most of the time above then filter just sitting their.

i gave my jewels away they spawned and bashed my fish that was before i got the firemouth

any suggestions on what to do

wayne

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Read the electric yellow post - I bet the constant movement of the peacocks is freaking him out. Africans and Americans don't mix well for behavioural reasons. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't. There's not much you can doexcept remove him or the peacocks

dbcb314

Hates the Overstocking Police
Apr 12, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
my firemouth was stressed when i got mine. the first 2 weeks he was fine, but then he became really stressed out and hid under a rock 24/7. but, in a week he snapped out of it and acted normal again.

Dragon_Lord_Tia

OH NO not Lenny
Feb 14, 2003
Orange Australia
Visit site
i moved him to my cods tank and his loving it their but he has the worst case of white spot ive seen which im treating with 1 extra drop per 2 L cause his in bad shape

Dragon_Lord_Tia

OH NO not Lenny
Feb 14, 2003
Orange Australia
Visit site
well his eating now he ate right after my last post:D would it be better to get him a pal??but the problem their is if they breed bang their goes all my fishes stress fee life the firemouths will give them hell non stop i have a male now so i might need to get an other the water is 7.8 and is hard like most cichlids enjoy.im still treating the ich but in a few days he should be fine.

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
I've a very small Firemouth, only one month old. I got him a week ago. At first...he was so shy and hid in one corner. Now...he join the rest. As you can see in this picture...he enjoys hanging out with my big Blood Parrots in front of the log. My BPs protect this little fellow.

I think your fish just stress from being in the new tank. And I'm glad that your fish is ok again. :)

http://www.peifc.com/Our_fish/109-0968_IMG.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store