Filter Help Needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jl-sullivan

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
I have a wet-dry filter that has been running in my 55 gallon for 2 weeks with no trouble. Today I moved the pump a little because it was vibrating against the side and now suddenly it pumps more water into the aquarium than is flowing back down to the sump. The sump runs dry just before the aquarium overflows. Does anybody know what to do to fix this? Thanks!

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
put a valve between your pump and tank that you can close some to slow the water down some

jl-sullivan

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
Where can I find one?

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
i was thinking that that was the case or if the pump had something in it and then it got knocked loses after it was moved and i reson i sugersted that was because if you put one of them in and you dont need to bock any water you can open it the hole way up

jl-sullivan

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
I will look for a valve. I had a lot of trouble setting it up but after that it seemed fine. There must have been something blocked somewhere. I checked for kinks in the tube and cleaned of the drip tray in case there was something blocking that. I tried moving the overflow box up and down to see if that changed the flow any...I have about 58 lb live rock--how much would I need (55 gallon) to skip the filter and just let the rock do the work?

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
i was told about 1.50lbs of rock per gal and 1.25lbs of sand per gal but thats just what i was told

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store