Hello, its been 4 months now :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Massiso

AC Members
May 24, 2007
Well its been 4 months and its been great, there has not been a single day since I got into the hobby that I have not thought of my tank :)

and I can't wait for the next 4 to come :)

Here are some old pics and new ones too :

Now can anyone tell me waht is this in the middle of the pics its brown and bubblely I thought maybe it was the mushroom that detached from the rock but I think I found that one today behind a rock, it has 2 openings that look like hole that open up, it first apeared by the mushroom rock but I moved it where you see it now. When I picked it up it shriveld up :)

The other surprise was 2 brittle stars or maybe feather stars in the rock that my mushrooms came on :) I saw them often @ first but I don't see them anywhere now :( could they have been eaten? they were tiny.

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I'm not a salty, so no help on your question, but very nice looking tank!

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I'm not sure what the brown w/ 2 holes is... hard to tell from the pix. If you can get a better pic, ID-ing it will be easier.

The tiny brittle stars (some call them micro stars) can move around quite a bit. One day you might notice an arm or two sticking out of a rock, and then spot them down on the sand crawling under another rock the next day. As long as your water parameters are acceptable, they'll scavenge around and should be ok. While there's a few critters out there that would eat them, I don't see anything in your pix that should bother them.

Massiso

AC Members
May 24, 2007
Thank you all, there isn't much as to "equipment" but its a 29G tall with an Eclipse 3 hood there are 2 24w lights one is a "sun light" and the other is an Antic :) as for the brown buble with 2 holes I think the hermit crabs keep kicking it around its no longer where I placed it is behind the mushroom rock now so I can't take any Pics of it now :(

My last test results were:

PH 8.0
KH 7dh
Amonia 0
NO2 0.3
SQ 1.024
Temp 80F

Are those okay for the Brittle Stars??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store