FEEDING MY DRAGON OR VIOLET GOBY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquariumjunkie

HOME AT LAST
Apr 7, 2007
GEORGIA - PEACH STATE
A FEW MONTHS AGO, I SET UP A BRACKISH WATER TANK. I STARTED OUT WITH 5 BUMBLEBEE GOBIES, AND HAVE RECENTLY ADDED 2 DRAGON GOBIES. MY PROBLEM IS, I'M NOT SURE IF THEY ARE EATING!? I HAVE BEEN FEEDING THE BB'S MISQUITO LARVAE AND FROZEN BRINE SHRIMP AND FINELY CHOPPED BEEF HEART. I HAVE BEEN ADDING SHRIMP PELLETS AND TABLET FOODS SINCE ADDING THE DRAGONS. I HAVE EVEN TRIED USING PLASTIC TONGS AND HOLDING THE FOOD RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM, BUT THEY DON'T SEEM INTERESTED. MAYBE I AM JUST OVER-WORRYING, BUT I DON'T WANT TO POLLUTE MY TANK AND HAVE BEEN DOING FREQUENT WEEKLY WATER CHANGES TO AVOID PROBLEMS. I'M JUST NOT SURE IF THE DRAGONS ARE GETTING ENOUGH FOOD - AND THE RIGHT TYPE. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL!!!! THANKS

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I like this link too! ;)
http://www.thepufferforum.com/forum/library/misc/theres-a-dragon-in-my-tank/

How large is the tank? Whatever food they eat, should drop to the bottom. Try adding some food after lights out, theh seem to be more active then. Also, beefheart is not a natural food for fish. Where do you ever think a cow falls into the brackish waters (or any water for that matter) so fish can eat out their heart?

(TYPING IN ALL CAPS, IS CONSIDERED YELLING!!!)

aquariumjunkie

HOME AT LAST
Apr 7, 2007
GEORGIA - PEACH STATE
sorry about the large type, but I can see it better when I type it large. As for the beefheart, I did some research on ropefish before I purchased them, and found that the like to eat earthworm and beefheart. Well, they really do. Also, my bichir love them too!!! They also like beef kidney. They are all big, fat and very healthy!, and have been for years! Try it sometime. I know your fish will love it.

Gangstafish

gangstafish
Dec 10, 2006
long IslandNY
my Dragons like to come out and when the lights go out. They do not like bright lights. They are doing very well with the puffers,monos,scats,and archers.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I understand that they like beefheart. Just saying it's not a natural fod for a fish to eat.

AsaPW

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Lafayette,LA
sorry about the large type, but I can see it better when I type it large. As for the beefheart, I did some research on ropefish before I purchased them, and found that the like to eat earthworm and beefheart. Well, they really do. Also, my bichir love them too!!! They also like beef kidney. They are all big, fat and very healthy!, and have been for years! Try it sometime. I know your fish will love it.
My puffers love Earthworms also. Easy and free.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i as well have 2 dragons. the one stays in his cave all day. and the other comes out all the time. they will eat anything that i put in the tank(flakes, bloodworms , algae disks.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store