oh man...i think the snail is laying eggs...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arctic_Fishery

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
cleveland,Ohio
fishdomain.netfirms.com
i just got my snail a few days ago and put it in a 2 gallon hex by itself with some gravel,a plastic plant and 2 floating plastic plants...well it's been sucking on the plants for a day now.I just thought he was trying to eat the plants cuz snails like plants but i just noticed.....it looks like its letting a white fluid out but then it dissappears real quick and its shell jerks.....i saw him do it a few times on the plant...if it was eggs when can i actually see them?i know it takes up to 6 weeks for hatching.......so when can i see 'em?thanks!

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I am not sure about the eggs, what kind of snail is it? The real small pond snails or Malasian Trumpet Snails produce tons of eggs that are clear, very small and usually stick on the glass. I would imagine that you have a larger snail though. Make sure you feed the snail, try dropping in a piece of lettuce or something, otherwise it may starve.:(

Arctic_Fishery

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
cleveland,Ohio
fishdomain.netfirms.com
its a ramshorn snail...i did a little bit of reading at applesnail.com and i found out that the snail is not laying eggs...dont know what its doing but if it were to lay eggs i could see them on the glass......ill try throwing a piece of letuce in there....thanks!

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
A plague of snails in a hobby tank means only that the fishkeeper has not yet learned how to operate the tank and it is either overcrowded or overfed or both, and insufficiently maintained to boot. Snails do not grow on water, they require nutrition - which is provided by the keeper.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
not sure about that,they wouldn't have laid the eggs if it was too cold.

Arctic_Fishery

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
cleveland,Ohio
fishdomain.netfirms.com
it didnt lay eggs....i found out it was a defense mechanism and it was shelling its soft part while on the glass....dont know why he was doing that though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store