Scared clowns?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Ok cool...

Im glad they aren't just totally lame...

I would like them to explore... I mean i spent all that time aquascaping for a reason...
They are never lame during feeding time. Once they know you=food they will swim around looking for it every time you come by.

The only thing that might bug you is their odd hosting habbits (when they won't host what you want them to). Mine hosted by a heater for a while. Which was pretty boring. She also slept face down by the heater. Although watching her try to feed the heater was interesting :screwy:

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Haha...

The reason i haven't gotten an anemone yet is taht i didn't want them hosting something and staying in one place like all the time...

Would it make sense though to get a little anemone for them?
Nah, you don't really need one. Clowns will host in almost anything. I would recommend something more low maintance. Mine is currently hosting in a hairy mushroom. I am sure some other people can recomend some great alternatives to anemones. And they can be very funny while they are hosting. Mine will do little shimmys around the rock while snuggling into the mushrooms.

Note: However you might want to keep in the mind that people often have trouble getting their clowns to host. Make sure you don't buy a piece of coral you don't like just because you want them to host.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
well...its a total unknown what they will take as their host..As threads here have shown, they have taken to hosting many many things..let wait it out and see what happens....

Glad they are coming out, adventuring...

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store