Pink convict or Gold Severum?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NewLuv4Fish

AC Members
Jun 18, 2005
I just bought what I thought (and was labeled as) a gold severum juvenile but now that its home it looks alot more like my convict (except pink) and looks different than my green severum juvenile in shape. In the tank some of the "gold severums" were more yellow than the others but I didn't think anything of it but now I'm wondering. I don't have a pic of it yet but I'll try but for the meantime does anyone have pics of juvenile gold sevs and of pink convicts? Or anyone know a good way to figure out the difference?

NewLuv4Fish

AC Members
Jun 18, 2005
Hmmmm yeah it looks nothing like the shape of my juvenille turqouise sev. but the "gold sev" is a little bigger than the other one so I just thought maybe they get that look after they grow alittle. If it is a con would it be more likely to stay in hiding alot in a cave rather than out in the open like my sev.? And I guess if its a con it would hang out with the other cons? Or maybe fight with them.

I'll get a pic up tonight (maybe not a good pic haha but a pic)

NewLuv4Fish

AC Members
Jun 18, 2005
I've noticed that the fish in question has a very slight tint of blue on the tips of its top fin when the light hits just right...just like my female con does...but this fish doesn't have any red coloring on its side/stomach. And I'm also noticing that the supposed male convict in the tank is not taking a liking to this fish...maybe/probably because it also is a male convict and seeing as there's only one definite female in the tank I'm betting their gonna start fighting and then I'll get my answer that its definitely a convict. Ahhhh stupid LFS!! I reallllly wanted that gold sev.!

NewLuv4Fish

AC Members
Jun 18, 2005
Ok heres a reallly bad and probably not helpful at all picture but I tried, the fish just won't stop swimming haha!

I believe that is my turquoise sev in front of the fish in question.
I'll keep trying for a better pic!

Picture 349.jpg

cdfishie123

AC Members
May 23, 2007
yep they do look like sevs

NewLuv4Fish

AC Members
Jun 18, 2005
Oh ok, awesome if yall say they're both sevs then they probably are! I'm still going to try to post a better pic though because that yellow/white one just seems too long to be a sev., just a totally different shape it seems like. And the one con chases it alot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store