Another spawning attempt is underway with my plecos.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
As far as I know all conditions are now perfect for spawning my panaque maccus/clown plecos. They are looking great and displaying vivid colors.

They are in a species tank of 55 gal
I have one male and three females.
Two big hunks of driftwood somewhat recently added to the existing two smallter peices.
Two filters running to provide extra water current ( will be adding more on, up to four). I'm set to have the tank run like a river if I can pull it off, it's a species tank so no other fish will be bothered by strong currents.

I think I've overcome parents house climate by putting in duel 200 watts.
After I got the heater upgrade I've started feeding them frozen blood-worms.

Going to see about adding some coconut shells as suggested in the chat and after I run a dry season, add some rain water. I'm so impatient....wish plecos didn't need this rainy season thing to get them in the mood.

I've wanted babies from these plecos for so long, had to deal with many obstacles as well my plecos having a low sex drive. I hope it finally comes true and I look into my tank to see baby plecos. Of course I'll keep everyone updated because if I see eggs or baby plecos, I'll jump on the computer a few minutes later...Even if I have to post from my parents house dial up compy...

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Nice GL. Im trying to get my L-134's to breed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store