Salmon as food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
So I just found out that hanging a small piece of salmon from a string makes my Betta very happy. After the initial flaring session he is going crazy picking it apart. Anyone know why this wouldn't be a good idea? I know it is very fatty and should not be used as more than a treat.

I am also trying to convince my puffers that it is tastey as well, as they need a bit of fattening up and I will not be able to keep up with their snail needs very soon.

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
when i had puffers they used to like dried shrimp or "krill". it's not the cheapest thing, but they all seemed to love it. it might be another option for you...

no guess on the salmon tho, sorry.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Well so far no go from the puffers. I'll give it a bit longer but these little guys just want things that dance around for them like mosquito larva and snails. But the Betta is happy.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Try blood worms for the puffers. Not as good for their teeth, but most will take to them happily. Or, nightcrawler, chopped into small chunks.

The salmon: way high in fat. I probably wouldn't even feed it as a treat, but then my betta is in a 5, and even a small amount of salmon decaying in there will foul the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store