adding a new male krib

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

polosniffer

AC Members
Jun 12, 2003
This is something of a followup to my last post. I had added a pair of kribs to my 20 gal tank but the female constantly attacked the male to the point where I had to remove him into a separate tank. He subsequently died from his injuries (which didn't look all that severe, leading me to suspect that he may not have been entirely healthy from the start). The female has settled in and coloured up nicely - she seems very happy. It's a little odd, but she and my juvenile silver shark catfish seem to have taken a liking to each other - they spend a lot of time swimming about closely, side by side. I'm currently tackling a tenacious ich outbreak (mainly on the catfish - thankfully the female krib appears completely unaffected) but once I've got that under control, I'm thinking of adding a new male krib. Do you guys think that's a good idea? Any suggestions as to how I should go about adding the new male or any characteristics I should look for when I select him. (I plan to buy him from the same tank the female came from - she was the only female, the rest were all males).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store