"APpro Quick Cure" and discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

el wadd

Master of the Stupid Question.
Sep 26, 2006
uranus
has anyone used this brand with discus?

I got a mild ich problem...I'm ready to dose, but gotta admit to being afraid to pull the trigger till I get some positive feedback about this stuff.

It says on the bottle it treats a broad spectrum of ailments including(and @ the top of the list) ich.

any help is appreciated.:)

12 Volt Man

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
Ontario Canada
I would say no.

QuickCure is a fairly strong med and discus have fairly sensitive slime coats.

I have seen this stuff used at full strength cause major problems while working at the LFS

I used to use a product called OrganiCure (also by API I believe) when I had discus that is marketed as a saltwater ich med, but there is really nothing 'saltwater' about it.

we used to use it for most of our ich problems at the LFS, and even then at a half dose.

Also, it will not turn your tank ink blue.

Another one that is milder is called Aquari-Sol.. Its a good one too because it is fairly safe to use with most fish.

You have to be careful with strong ich meds like:

Quick Cure

Super Ich Cure

Clout.

All three of these are good, but very strong.

We used to use them only on hardy fish like goldfish. And even then not always at full dose.

A little goes a long way :)

my two cents.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
add salt and bump the temp slowly to 90 and keep it there for a month.

also add an airstone.
the discus will be fine at this temp the ich won't live in this temp..add the salt and no more ich.
discus themselves can survive can survive..if you have to try a med ,I used jungle ich guard in a tank with some discus and they are fine.

el wadd

Sep 26, 2006
uranus
well, I have an expert coming over tomorrow to actually id this problem.

I'm not exactly sure it's ich.

One of my discus has had a white pimple like thing growing along the lateral line on his body...it would show up, I'd do a w/c and it would go away. I didn't really trip on it too much seeing as how it would disappear.

Problem is...it's spread somewhat. Now he has at least 6-7 of these things popping up on him in various places...1 on gill, 1 on head, most on the lateral line, and I've noticed it on another of the discus as well. It doesn't look like the typical ich "dusting" I've seen in the past, more like little white pimples.

I'm waiting to see what my buddy says about it before I dose anything......marine biologists are good friends to have.

el wadd

Sep 26, 2006
uranus
ph 6.6
am 0
trites 0
trates 10
temp 87

I'm gonna w/c today 50g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com